Updated as per AN ANNOTATED CHECKLIST OF THE SPHINGIDAE OF BOLIVIA, October 2007
Manduca mossi male, Peru, courtesy of Hubert Mayer copyright.
This site has been created by
Bill Oehlke at firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments, suggestions and/or additional information are welcomed by Bill.
Family: Sphingidae, Latreille, 1802
copyright C. Odenkirk
Greyish lines are somewhat diffuse, not in sharp contrast with grainy grey (basal, median, terminal areas) and grey-brown (inner lining of aml and postmedian areas). The cell spot is a small, thick v-shape with the apex toward the head. The apical area is concolorous with the terminal area. The inner pm line is concave from the costa for about 40% of its length, then angles almost 90 degrees to form another concave arc for the remaining 60% of its course to the inner margin.
Use your browser "Back" button to return to the previous page.
Return to Sphingidae Index
Return to Sphingini Tribe